This will be a Zoom virtual class. You will receive a Zoom link 24 hrs prior to the start of class.
You will learn the essentials for using your new embroidery machine and we will stitch out a kitchen towel with embroidery applique.
Supplies needed for class:
- Basic information on needles and thread
- Threading, bobbins and bobbin cases
- Basic stabilizers
- Basic hooping
- Basic embroidery functions including some editing, sizing, adding lettering, etc.
- Basic machine maintenance and troubleshooting
- The machine in good working order with the Embroidery Unit and everything related to your embroidery machine, including the manual, screwdriver, extra bobbin cases (if applicable), lint brush, etc.
- Embroidery foot
- 5" x 7" hoop with hoop template (or closest). This is not the time for your biggest hoop.
- Applique fabric, 4” x 6” minimum, for the coffee cup.
- Embroidery thread for the design (steam, coffee cup applique outline and handle, and lettering). More choices are always better!
- Bobbin with bobbin thread and extra thread or extra full bobbin for an embroidery project.
- Embroidery 80/12 or 90/14 needles
- USB 2G or 4G that works on your machine
- Embroidery notions such as Duckbill and bent applique scissors, sewing scissors, seam ripper, ruler, and marking pen.
KIT: You will receive your NOC Embroidery Kit in the mail prior to the start of class (as long as you sign up several days prior to class) Kit will include a Dunroven Towel, StayPerfect Stabilizer Sample Pack, Schmetz needle guide, and Tear-A-Way Stabilizer for your 5x7 hoop. Alternate design for 4x4 hoops.
CLASS REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
You can register for any class in the store. If you are paying by credit card, you can register by mail or phone (858-225-2739, 760-739-8222). For a free class, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, address, phone number, the name of the class and the time and date. The registration fee must be received to reserve your space. Most classes have a minimum number of students to run. If we do not meet the minimum of students three (3) days prior to the class, we will notify you that the class is cancelled. If your class is not held for any reason, you may transfer to another class or receive a refund. You may cancel for a full refund up to four days prior to the class. No refunds can be given within three days prior to the class.