You will learn the essentials for using your new embroidery machine:
- Threading, bobbins and bobbin cases
- Basic stabilizers and threads
- Basic hooping
- Basic embroidery functions
- Basic machine maintenance and troubleshooting
At the end, we’ll make an embroidered kitchen towel to show off your new machine and your new skills!
Bring the following supplies to class:
- Machine in good working order with Embroidery Unit and everything related to your embroidery machine, including the manual, screwdriver, extra bobbin cases (if applicable), lint brush, etc.
- Embroidery foot
- 5" x 7" hoop with hoop template (or closest). This is not the time for your biggest hoop.
- Applique fabric, 4” x 6” minimum, for the coffee cup. (Towel fabric choices will vary.)
- Embroidery thread for the design*. (steam, coffee cup applique outline and handle, and lettering). More choices are always better!
- Bobbin with bobbin thread*
- Embroidery 80/12 or 90/14 needles*
- Small sharp scissors for trimming applique*
- Removeable Pen for marking design placement*
- USB 2G or 4G that works on your machine*
- Seam ripper*
- 1” x 6” minimum ruler (or your favorite) for marking placement*
Optional, but could be helpful
- Wonder tape or ¼” stitch perfection tape*
- Bent nose tweezers*
Kit will include: stabilizer and fabric for test stitching, stabilizer for towel project, and Dunroven tea towel.
Alternate design will be provided for 4” x 4” hoops
*Item available at SewingMachinesPlus.com retail store