You will learn the essentials for using your new embroidery machine:
- Threading, bobbins and bobbin cases
- Basic stabilizers and threads
- Basic hooping
- Basic embroidery functions
- Basic machine maintenance and troubleshooting
At the end, we’ll make an embroidered kitchen towel to show off your new machine and your new skills!
Bring the following supplies to class:
Optional, but could be helpful
- Machine in good working order with Embroidery Unit and everything related to your embroidery machine, including the manual, screwdriver, extra bobbin cases (if applicable), lint brush, etc.
- Embroidery foot
- 5" x 7" hoop with hoop template (or closest). This is not the time for your biggest hoop.
- Applique fabric, 4” x 6” minimum, for the coffee cup. (Towel fabric choices will vary.)
- Embroidery thread for the design*. (steam, coffee cup applique outline and handle, and lettering). More choices are always better!
- Bobbin with bobbin thread*
- Embroidery 80/12 or 90/14 needles*
- Small sharp scissors for trimming applique*
- Removeable Pen for marking design placement*
- USB 2G or 4G that works on your machine*
- Seam ripper*
- 1” x 6” minimum ruler (or your favorite) for marking placement*
- Wonder tape or ¼” stitch perfection tape*
- Bent nose tweezers*
Kit will include: stabilizer and fabric for test stitching, stabilizer for towel project, and Dunroven tea towel.
Alternate design will be provided for 4” x 4” hoops
*Item available at SewingMachinesPlus.com retail store
CLASS REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
You can register for any class in the store. If you are paying by credit card, you can register by mail or phone (858-225-2739, 760-739-8222). For a free class, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, phone number, the name of the class and the time and date. The registration fee must be received to reserve your space. Most classes have a minimum number of students to run. If we do not meet the minimum of students three (3) days prior to the class, we will notify you that the class is cancelled. If your class is not held for any reason, you may transfer to another class or receive a refund. You may cancel for a full refund up to four days prior to the class. No refunds can be given within three days prior to the class.