This will be a Zoom virtual class. You will receive a Zoom link 24 hrs prior to the start of class.
You will learn the essentials for using your new embroidery machine and we will stitch out a kitchen towel with embroidery applique.
- Basic information on needles and thread
- Threading, bobbins and bobbin cases
- Basic stabilizers
- Basic hooping
- Basic embroidery functions including some editing, sizing, adding lettering, etc.
- Basic machine maintenance and troubleshooting
Supplies needed for class:
- The machine in good working order with the Embroidery Unit and everything related to your embroidery machine, including the manual, screwdriver, extra bobbin cases (if applicable), lint brush, etc.
- Embroidery foot
- 5" x 7" hoop with hoop template (or closest). This is not the time for your biggest hoop.
- Applique fabric, 4” x 6” minimum, for the coffee cup.
- Embroidery thread for the design (steam, coffee cup applique outline and handle, and lettering). More choices are always better!
- Bobbin with bobbin thread and extra thread or extra full bobbin for an embroidery project.
- Embroidery 80/12 or 90/14 needles
- USB 2G or 4G that works on your machine
- Embroidery notions such as Duckbill and bent applique scissors, sewing scissors, seam ripper, ruler, and marking pen.
KIT: You will receive your NOC Embroidery Kit in the mail prior to the start of class (as long as you sign up several days prior to class) Kit will include a Dunroven Towel, StayPerfect Stabilizer Sample Pack, Schmetz needle guide, and Tear-A-Way Stabilizer for your 5x7 hoop. Alternate design will be provided for 4x4 hoops