You will learn the essentials for using your new embroidery machine once it is Out of the Box:
- Threading, bobbins and bobbin cases
- Basic stabilizers and threads
- Basic hooping
- Basic machine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Basic embroidery functions and screens for your machine
At the end, we’ll make an embroidered kitchen towel to show off your new machine and your new skills!
Bring the following supplies to class:
- Machine in good working order with Embroidery Unit and everything related to your embroidery machine, including the manual, screwdriver, extra bobbin cases (if applicable), lint brush, etc.
- Embroidery foot
- 5x7 hoop (or closest). This is not the time for your biggest hoop!
- Applique fabric, 4”x6” minimum, for the coffee cup. (Towel fabric choices will vary.)
- Embroidery thread for the design*. (steam, coffee cup applique outline and handle, and lettering). More choices are always better!
- Bobbin with bobbin thread*
- Embroidery 90/14* or Microtex 80/12 needle*
- Small sharp scissors for trimming applique*
- Removeable Pen for marking design placement*
- USB 2G or 4G that works on your machine*
- Optional, but could be helpful
- Wonder tape or ¼” stitch perfection tape*
- Bent nose tweezers*
- 1x6 minimum ruler (or your favorite) for marking placement*
- Seam ripper*
Kit will include: stabilizer and fabric for test stitching, stabilizer for towel project, and Dunroven tea towel.
Alternate Design will be provided for 4x4 hoops
* item available at SewingMachinesPlus.com retail store