Join Donna monthly to put together this unique paper pieced quilt. "My Kinda Town" quilt pattern designed by Peggy Larsen for Fiberworks features 8 whimsical paper pieced blocks in a quaint town setting! Pattern includes complete instructions for the quilt and full sized piecing patterns. This project is a great stash buster. There is no need to pre-cut your fabrics. Just use a variety of solds, interesting prints, and some bold colors.
Each class will focus on a different block. There are 8 Block classes followed by a 9th class to help you put it all together. Join for one block or all 8! If you want to join us "mid" series after January, please go ahead and sign up and contact Donna and she will provide instruction of how to organize your pattern before you come to class. Then, if you have not done paper piecing, Donna will provide a little "personal" time so that you can start sewing right away.
- "My Kinda Town" pattern (can be purchased with class)
- Total of 2.5 yards of background fabrics
- Small pieces of a good selection of fabrics for houses, trees, grass, roofs, sidewalks, and signs
- Assorted leftover scraps of fabrics from the quilt for pieced border, or 2/3 yard of 1 fabric
- Binding 1/4 yard
- Backing 1-2/3 yards
Supplies for all remaining classes:
- Sewing machine in good working order, power cord, foot controller, etc.
- Add a Quarter ruler - 6" x 12" size is recommended
- Fabric Glue - Sewline is recommended. Be sure it is fabric glue that is water soluble
- 50 wt 100% cotton thread for piecing, Superior Masterpiece or Aurifil recommended
- 80/12 Mictrotex Needles or similar sharp needles (nothing smaller than 75/11 is recommended as some needle threaders might have issues with smaller needles.
- Pins - Flower Pins with a flat head are recommended.
- Rotary cutter with a new blade. 28 mm size is recommended.
- Rotary cutting mat
- 6" x 12" standard cutting ruler
- 3" x 10" plastic template
- Small scissors
- Sharpie marker
- Gallon-sized plastic bags to organize your project
- TapeShears are optional