Painting on fabric is a fun, unique skill anyone can learn. You’ll love your finished panel that can be turned into anything from a wall hanging to a bag. Add applique to create a border, or add embroidery to give it a completely different look.
You will learn “dry brush painting” techniques in this class. Paints are permanent so they withstand washing, so dress for the mess.
Supply list for returning students:
Pre-cut Pimatex white cotton fabric (available on line through Dharma Trading) dimensions:
- Art brushes, paints, 1" masking tape, paper towels, water containers, palette knife or plastic knife, foamcore covered with contact paper, roll of aluminum foil, large garbage bags
An additional pattern fee of $5.00 for this project payable to instructor will be required for returning students.Supply list for new students:
- 1 piece 12" x 12"
- 1 piece 12" x 18"
- 1 piece 18" x 18"
- 1 piece 10" x 18"
- 1 piece 7" x 18"
- 1 piece 8" x 10"
- 1 piece 6" x 12"
- Brushes, any type, approx. 1" wide sponge brushes, wall painting brushes or art brushes will work
- Small plastic cups such as yogurt cups or similar, 5 or more
- Salt shaker with salt
- Cardboard and several large plastic garbage bags to lay projects on to carry home
- Gloves, if you care about your manicure
Please notify the instructor at least 3 days prior to class if you require and complete kit.Please wear old clothes as this can get messy. Construction of wall hanging will not be in class.
- For new students with no supplies, a one time kit fee of $25.00 is required. The kit includes everything necessary to paint fabrics as well as the prepared fabrics and pattern for this project.
Please notify the instructor if you require a complete kit.