Are you ready for a new twist on applique? Join Donna and Dawn to combine machine applique and your Scan N Cut to cut your applique shapes! Don’t worry if you don’t have a Scan N Cut, as we will also use the traditional method to cut out the applique shapes before embroidering them onto this whimsical pillow.
In the first day of the two-day class, we will prepare applique pieces, cut shapes with either Scan N Cut or traditional method, prepare and mark background fabric, and begin embroidering design.
The second day of the two-day class, we will finish up the embroidery, piece the pillow and put the zipper in the back.Bring these items to class:
- Fabric Confetti (tm) Spring Jubilee Design Pack with designs and SVG files loaded on a USB Stick (2 GB or 4 GB)
- Brother Scan N Cut* or other electronic cutter able to read SVG files
- 12" x 12" cutting mat*
- Sewing machine with embroidery unit, power cord, foot control, embroidery foot, and 1/4" piecing foot.
- Fabric scraps for applique
- 1/2 yard of background fabric
- Light weight, paper-backed fusible web for applique such as Steam a Seam 2* or Lite Steam a Seam
- Heavy-weight tear-away stabilizer (1.8-2.0 oz)*
- 2 yards of Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex interfacing*
- Coordinating thread for embroidery*
- Water soluble pen*
- Your favorite sewing and embroidery notion such as snips, scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat, etc.
These items are needed to complete the pillow:
- 1/8 yard of fabric for grass
- 1/4 yard of border fabric
- 1/4 yard of fabric 1 for back of pillow
- 1/4 yard of fabric 2 for back of pillow
- 1/8 yard of fabric for zipper flap
- 30-32" purse or heavy-duty zipper
A 16" x 38" pillow form is needed to complete the pillow but is not needed for the class, which fill a 16" x 36" finished pillow nicely.