Wondering how to use all the feet that came with your machine or those optional accessories. Join Debbie each month as she explores another set of feet. This month the group will explore the possibilities of the following feet:
This class is open to all machine brands. Please check with our sales staff to find the feet for your machine. In this month's class, we'll focus on:
- Spanish Hemstitch Foot and Plate or Bridging Plates—Make Bridging or Fagotting
- Candlewicking Foot—Practice some of the candlewicking, or “hand embroidered” stitches
- Mini Piping Foot (and ruler)—Make tiny piping with this combo
- Left Piping Foot—Make regular sized piping
In addition to your regular sewing supplies, please bring:
Bias strips of fabric (2 1/2” wide or so)
Different weights of fabric for practice and experimentation and samples
Tear away stabilizer
Wash away stabilizer
#12 thread and matching bobbin
Bring these items to class:
Sewing machine and all its parts, including power cord, foot control, all feet, etc.
- 90/14 sewing machine needles
- Normal sewing notion such as scissors, measuring tape, etc.
- Printed out pages for this class OR an empty USB stick
- 12" x 12" square of black twill to use as a foundation
- 12" x 12" square of tear-away stabilizer
- Colored yarn of varying thicknesses, 1/4" ribbon, decorative threads of all colors and thicknesses, narrow soutache, etc.
- A small personal iron and ironing pad is optional as irons and ironing boards are available in the classroom.