This will be a Zoom virtual class designed for our local retail store customers. Others are welcome however, we will only feature machines sold in our retail stores (Our instructors can not possibly know every machine sold online) You will receive a Zoom link 24 hrs prior to the start of class.
This class is designed to educate you on basic operation and threading of your new sewing machine. Optional: We will make a small zippered pouch using the zipper foot and learn how to use the button hole foot.
If you are in our local area, there is an optional kit to purchase for $5 and pick up in one of the retail stores.
We will cover the following topics:
- Basic Sewing knowledge of needles & thread
- Threading your machine, winding and inserting a bobbin
- Basic machine operation, including what those buttons do and how to change stitches, adjust the length and width of a stitch.
- Using Decorative Stitches
- Machine Maintenance & Basic Troubleshooting
- Feet: Zipper Foot, Button Hole & Button Foot
- Supplies to bring to class:
If you wish to make the small zipper pouch you need a "not too busy" cotton fabric 15" x 7"nylon zipper 7" or 14" long - no metal zippersThreads: color to complement your fabricMedium to heavy Stabilizer or Interfacing the same size as your pouch fabric 15" x 7"Button (1" or smaller) to practice using your button foot.
- Sewing machine, foot pedal, and cord
- All accessories included with the machine
- All feet that came with your machine
- empty bobbin and thread to practice winding your bobbin
- scissors, pins and general sewing notions
- several pieces of scrap fabric to practice your stitches
- Threads: various colors to practice decorative stitches