This class is for all MANUAL THREADING SERGERS. Please see the list of qualifying machines.
This will be a Zoom virtual class. You will receive a Zoom link 24 hrs prior to the start of class.
Learn the basics of your new serger!
Specifically, we will discuss:
Supplies you will need for the class:
- Anatomy of a Serger
- How to thread your machine for 4 thread overlock and 3 thread overlock and Rolled Hem
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Using Decorative threads in the loopers
- Serging Tips and Techniques and more
- Serger in good working order with a power cord and foot pedal
- Manual and threading guide (if applicable) all accessories that came with your machine
- At least four spools of serger thread (prefer colored thread, not black or white as these are hard to see when threading)
- Basic Sewing Notions: Sewing scissors, tweezers, extra needles, Double Eye Needle (optional)
- several strips of cotton fabric (at least 6" x 4") to practice stitches
- several strips of knit fabric (a variety is good of different types of knits) to practice stitches