This is an in-person class at the San Marcos SMP. Please arrive 10min early to set up your machine.
[Sign-up for the Mission Bay, Lemon Table Topper class here.]
Squeeze the Day Table Topper Embroidery Project. Squeeze the Day with this cheerful table topper! These designs use unique decorative fill stitches and bright colors to add a pop to your table. This project gives you plenty of opportunities to practice and perfect your placement techniques. We will be using the alignment and rotation features of the machine, to align the design on fabric with the paper template.
Items to bring to class: TBD
- Embroidery Machine with power cord
- Hoop: 6x10 or larger (we will edit the design for a 5x7 hoop if needed)
- Stabilizer: Fusible Woven Cut-Away (SF101 or equivalent -Fusible Woven Stabilizer by the yard or Bosal Fashion Fuse #300), Sticky (adhesive) Tear-a-way stabilizer
- Stitch-N-Shape or Ultra Firm Fusible Stabilizer to add structure to the placemat.
- USB to load the design: OESD designs
- bobbin Thread: White
- Embroidery Threads: 3 shades of Yellow for lemons, 3 shades of green for leaves, White
- Needle: 80/12 Embroidery Needles
- 1/2 yard quilting cotton for the top
- 1/2 yard quilting cotton for the back
- 18" square of batting
- 1 package (1 yard) or pre-made bias binding 2" wide
- Embroidery Notions such as fabric scissors, tweezers, extra needles, embroidery tape, etc.
- Other items: Embroidery Pressing Cloth, Iron and ironing mat.