(MB-POM) Serger Project of the Month (NOV) Fall Cardigans -Mission Bay Location">
Join Candace for the December Serger Project making your favorite Fall Cardigan. Several cardigans can be made entirely on your serger, others need the Cover-Hem machine to finish the hems. Learn tips and techniques for working with both machines and working with different types of knits.
Cardigans are perfect for California weather. This month you can choose one of the following Cardigans to Make:
1) Callie Cardigan from Sonia Estep Designs: https://www.patternsforpirates.com/product/grandpa-cardi
2) Harper Cardigan from Sinclair Patterns: https://sinclairpatterns.com/collections/womens-patterns/products/harper-classic-knit-cardigan-and-duster-pdf?variant=35711502844053
3) Chrysallis Cardigan from CKC: https://ckcpatterns.com/chrysalis-womens.html
4) Cacoon Cardigan from Pattern4Pirates:https://www.patternsforpirates.com/product/cocoon-cardigan
5) The Boston Cardigan -https://sosewenglishfabrics.com/collections/patterns/products/boston-cardigan
Fabric Type and Yardage: Around 2 1/2 or 3yards depending on the hem length and sleeve length. You can make this cardigan with almost any type of knit fabric such as: Sweater Knits, Hacci, French Terry, or Double Brush Polyester. These fabrics work well for these patterns. If you want a lighter weight fabric you can use ITY, Cotton or Rayon Blends.
Print your pattern at home: Print the US Letter pattern file on your home printer. Read the pattern Tutorial for how to put the pattern pages together and which pages to print. https://newhorizonsdesigns.com/new-horizons-patterns-101/This file gives you general information on printing PDF patterns and printing optional “layers”. **Make sure your printer to “Actual Size” or 100% (no scaling)
Large Print Shop AO files can be sent to a plotting company to print out on large sheets of paper. upload the AO file to www.pdfplotting.com OR www.patternprintingcompany.com out of Vista, CA to have it printed on large paper.
(contact me with questions)
Bring the following supplies to class:
Any questions, please contact the instructor (firstname.lastname@example.org)