Ready for a challenge. Our Block of the Month will offer a chance to learn new skills in a guided learning setting. Students will focus on making one block per month so there will be plenty of time to work at your own level but still, have time to complete your quilt by the end of the year. Just think, at the end of the sessions, you will have a queen-sized quilt.
Join Donna for our 2022 Block Of the Month Program. The new Illusions Sampler BOM by Banyon Batiks from Northcott
Starts in January 2022, Thursday in San Marcos and Saturday in Mission Bay
Each month you will create a 24" block that features a different technique. Throughout the 12 months, you will learn a variety of quilting techniques that will help build on basic quilting skills and expand to more advanced techniques. You will learn:
The cost for the Fabric Kit and Pattern is $299.99 (Illusions Sampler BOM Pattern & Fabric Kit)
- 1/4" seam mastery
- Basic Block units: 4-patch, half-square triangles, quarter-square triangles, flying geese, and more.
- Machine Applique
- Curved Piecing
- Paper Piecing
This fabric kit includes step-by-step instructions for each month's block ($50 value) and fabrics you need, including the binding, to make a queen-sized 88"x112" quilt (backing fabric not included. You can pre-order backing fabric which will be available later in the year 2022)Supplies to bring to class:
- Sewing machine with table, walking foot, power supply, and accessories for quilting
- Pattern and fabrics for each block (month 1), Month 2, etc..
- 1/4" Foot with or without a guide
- Eleanor Burns Sew Straight Guide
- Ideal Seam Guide, student edition
- Clover Straight Tailor's Awl (485CV)
other items needed throughout the year. The teacher will give you a list of these items as they are needed.
See you in class!!